*Only buy lunch 1x a week*
*Spin/Barre 2x a week*
*Ride my bike once a week*
*Set up at least two friend dates*
*Snooze less/Read the news more*
1. Only Buy Lunch 1x a Week: When I don't go to the grocery store, I don't cook dinner. When I don't cook dinner, I don't have leftovers for lunch. And when I don't have leftovers, I'm apt to spend $8+ dollars on my lunch, which adds up fast. Forcing myself to bring lunch will make sure I cook dinner at home too and eat takeout less - win/win!
2. Spin/Barre 2x a week: Since I have class two nights a week it's been a lot harder to fit exercise into my schedule. I think twice a week should be an attainable goal that I can work up from. I go to my beloved BikerBarre (DC ladies, check it out! You will not be disappointed) with some co-workers so this goal should be (hopefully) be easy to accomplish.
3. Ride my bike once a week: A little-known fact about me is that I LOVE biking. I have a bicycle down here and try to ride it to work when I get the chance. I haven't ridden it since the spring because it's been unbearably hot, but since the beautiful autumn weather has come in I think it's time to take the bike out of storage before it gets too cold to ride again.
4. Set up at least two friend dates: I've talked about MWF Seeks BFF before (and if you haven't read it, I highly recommend it!): basically, the author suggests that friendship, especially in your twenties and thirties, is something that you have to work at and cultivate to avoid life getting in the way. I've found myself slacking on the effort front sometimes, but I've already got one "date" planned and am determined to do more!
5. Snooze less/Read the news more: I did this today and I immediately noticed a difference. If I wake up right away, I reach over for my phone and scroll through the NYTimes/Politico headlines. On mornings when I snooze, I stay in bed later and later until I'm rushing to make it to work on time, and I come in feeling unprepared for the day ahead. Snooze-free October, here I come.
What are your goals this month?
xoxo,
b
No comments:
Post a Comment