But I'm back and ready to share my culinary highs and lows of the past couple weeks with you:
Highs:
| *Crab-stuffed Portabellas* |
These were super simple to make and fast: crab from the seafood counter at Harris Teeter, panko, egg, seasonings, mixed together and packed into a portabello. Baked until they were set and sprinkled with Old Bay on top. Easy peasy!
| *Tomato Soup and "Fancy" Grilled Cheese* |
This was one of my lazier meals, but the perfect way to welcome in fall. (The grilled cheese is "fancy" because we got the cheese at Whole Foods. I'm nothing if not classy.) We usually vary what kind we get but this time we went with a blend of mozzarella and pepperjack. I made a faux aioli (garlic and mayo mixed together) to grill the sandwiches with, and served it with Whole Foods tomato soup from the prepared foods bar.
| *Black Bean and Zucchini Chili* |
This recipe was courtesy of Real Simple. We doctored it with a serrano chili, two jalapenos, and almost triple the amount of garlic/chili powder/cayenne to turn up the heat. Served with avocado, tortilla chips, greek yogurt (subbed for sour cream) and cilantro, this was the perfect thing to cozy up to a night of ABC Television with (p.s. OMG REVENGE.I am so happy you are back.)
Lows:
![]() |
| *Pumpkin Peanut Curry Noodles with Shrimp and Scallops* |
![]() |
| *Quesadillas, black beans, cheesy broiled avocado* |
So...what have you been cooking lately?
xoxo,
b


2 comments:
Your highs and lows both sound delicious to me. I'm a huge quesadilla fan.
I love that your fancy grilled cheese is fancy because the cheese came from Whole Foods. That is SO something I would say :) And I bet it was delicious!
Thanks for linking up this week!
Post a Comment