Sometimes, I look at J Crew's website and pretend like I have lots of money and add all the things I want to my shopping bag without ever hitting "submit." (I also pretend I'm 6 inches taller and have the willowy shape needed for J Crew clothes.)
Sometimes, I go to food sites and imagine making the most decadent, sinful dessert I can find. (Oh, hello there.)
But sometimes, I do something really sick. Something twisted. Something that is just simply punishing myself. Indulging my emotional masochism, if you will.
What is this sick, twisted, depraved habit, you may be wondering?
Sometimes I go to the Washington DC Humane Society's website and look at dogs waiting to be adopted.
![]() |
| This is Snow. She is obviously a princess. We were meant to be. |
But, in the words of my grandmother, "LOOK AT THAT PUNIM*."
So, there you go. One day I hope to adopt a dog. Until then, is anybody interested in a pit bull who doubles as a pretty pretty princess?
xoxo,
b
*"Punim" is Yiddish for face. Try to use it in a sentence today!

3 comments:
I do that too!! Rest assured Little B, you are not alone.
WEll, my dog of choice is a puggle, but I'm in a similar situation- no dogs allowed in apartment, and working all day- and definitely a fellow animal adoption center stalker! And the empty shopping cart thing... I do that too!
this is where we got Charlie. I still look every day. I'm sorry, and you're welcome. http://lab-rescue.org/content.asp?pl=778&sl=788&contentid=788
Post a Comment