Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday

Happy happy Wednesday, everybody! Since this week has been pretty quiet, there isn't a whole lot that I've been loving this week. Instead, I thought I'd tell you all about some fun stuff I have coming up that I'm looking forward to:

1. *Ina Garten*


The Barefoot Contessa has always been my favorite Food Network personality.  I love that she learned to cook by camping in the French woods for four months. I love that she used to work for the Ford and Carter administrations as a Budget Analyst. I love that she describes her cooking style as simply cooking to enhance the ingredients, which is a much more elegant way of putting my own cooking philosophy. I love her show and her soothing narration. I love her Hamptons style and her amazing kitchen. And of course, I love her recipes. 

So you can imagine my delight when I found out that she's coming to DC next week for an event with the Washington Post's food editor. The ticket comes with a signed cookbook, and I am so excited to see the Contessa live and up close!

2. *Smitten Kitchen Cookbook Tour*

I'm sure you all know about the Smitten Kitchen, probably my favorite food website. And if you're anything like me, you want Deb, the author, to be your best friend and cook you whatever idea she's got percolating in her head that day. Her long-awaited cookbook comes out next week, and Deb will be coming to DC shortly after that to give a talk at Politics and Prose, an independent bookstore owned by former politicos in DC. I've had this one marked in my calendar for quite some time.

3. *Election Day*

Just two weeks away! What is going to happen? When will the commercials stop?! THE SUSPENSE!!!

What are YOU loving this Wednesday?

xoxo,

b

1 comment:

Betsy Transatlantically said...

my mom's going to the Ina talk! so jealous. and I can't wait for the SK cookbook to come out. nom nom nom.