So, about those October goals....
......*crickets*..........
Yep. I made them.
Did I follow them?
Well, I did try....
1. *Only buy lunch once a week*
I feel like I did an okay job with this one - definitely did not manage to accomplish it every week, but I certainly made a good showing through mid-October.
2. *Spin/Barre 2x a week*
Not even close. When I sat down to write this I thought I'd accomplished it - then I checked BikerBarre's logs and realized I'd accomplished half of what I set out to do. Le sigh.
Almost! Really, almost! I rode twice, and then one weekend SK's back was hurting so we went to Great Falls instead of biking. And then there was a hurricane. And now it is November. I'm counting it!
4. *Set up at least two friend dates*
Unfortunately for me, DC is a ghost town in the fall -- most people I wanted to meet with are out campaigning or doing election-related work. I did a spin class with my friend T for the first time, so I accomplished 50% of this one.
5. *Snooze less/Read the news more*
HA. I don't even know what I was smoking when I wrote that. Snooze-tober.
What am I planning for myself this November?
Some repeats, namely:
*Only buy lunch once a week*
+
*Spin/Barre 2x a week*
I'm also going to try to:
*Budget, budget, budget*
Between Hannukah gifts, Christmas gifts, holiday parties, traveling home for Thanksgiving, traveling home for Hannukah...I need to start saving money pronto.
*Stop buying so much junk at Trader Joes*
Grad school is across the street from a TJ's, so twice a week I pop in before class "just to grab dinner" ...and promptly walk out with $30 worth of edamame hummus, Three-Buck-Chuck, Cinnamon Cookies (p.s. have you guys tried these Cinnamon twisty cookie things? They're my whole world right now) and who knows what else. (Probably mini-Bries. My other downfall.) If I'm trying to stick to a budget, I'm going to have to significantly diminish my relationship with Joe.
*Get back into reading*
I've written before about how much I love reading, but after SLOGGING my way through Game of Thrones 5 (seriously, George? When HBO is worried that you may drop dead before you finish writing the damn series, its time to PICK UP THE PACE), reading and I took a little break last month, as if I was a college freshman and realized that I could watch AS MUCH TV AS I WANTED and there were NO PARENTS and WHO NEEDS READING ANYWAY? (Me. I do.) I need a good recommendation this month - who's got one for me?
Happy November, everyone! What are your goals?
Sandy update: My parents are doing just fine - still no power or heat, but they're hanging in, and we're all grateful that they aren't suffering through anything worse. Gas shortages are becoming a problem across the island, however, so they might be sitting at home for a little while longer than initially anticipated, though.

1 comment:
a) can I be your DC friend? maybe ML will come too if we have a blate.
b) there's a Whole Foods two blocks away from my office. "I forgot to bring lunch" quickly turns into "That'll be $25, ma'am." It's a phuge problem!
c) good luck - you can dooooo it
Post a Comment