Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Fancies - Inaugural Ball

So as you may know, SK and I are a bi-partisan couple. Months before the election, we agreed that no matter the outcome, if we could get tickets to an Inaugural Ball, we would go. I went to one in 2008 -- actually, it was on my first full day living in DC -- and it was one of the best events that I've ever attended. After months of stress, anxiety, worry, and hard work going into an election - for either candidate - it's so fun to just kick back and celebrate a new administration.

While I'm not sure we'll get to go to a ball this time around (I saw one ticket going for $400 today!) I put together a dream outfit that I'd wear to a gala like the Inauguration.


3 comments:

MHM1314 said...

Exquisite!!! I went to a ball in 2005 to kick off GW Bush's second term. It was incredible. Probably a story I'll write up in January on BHB.... hmmm thanks for the inspiration :)

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I found your blog on LDL and am your newest follower. I am from the DC area but currently in Cali so I am always happy to meet DC friends! Love the formal wear you chose!

Allison said...

Going to the inaugural ball would be sooo cool! Love the outfit you chose too. Glad I found your blog... I love it!