Thursday, November 29, 2012

How This Morning Went, or "Someday I'll be an Adult!"

7:30 AM: First alarm goes off. Snooze.

7:35 AM: Second alarm goes off. Snooze.

7:40 AM: (This is the absolute latest that I have to be up by.) Reach over, RE-SET alarm for another 5 minutes.

7:45 AM: Alarm goes off. Snooze.

7:53 AM: Very nearly turn off alarm and go back to sleep. Lay in a stupor pondering a weird dream I had involving Barbara Walters.

7:59 AM: OH SHIT IT'S 7:59 AM. FUCK FUCK FUCK I HATE MYSELF.

8:00 AM: Turn on Morning Joe. Good morning, Mika! Hello, Joe.

8:00 AM: Hear Mika say, "It's 8:00 on the East Coast. Time to get up!" Fuck you, Mika.

8:01 AM: Make the executive decision not to wash my hair, even though I have woken up with the worst case of bedhead I have ever encountered in my 27 years. My cowlick is literally sticking out from my head at an angle I've only ever seen in trigonometry class.

8:08 AM: Done showering. Black pants! Sweater! DONE!

8:09 AM: This sweater is wrinkled. Where is my steamer doohickey?

8:12 AM: NO SERIOUSLY, WHERE IS MY DOOHICKEY?

8:13 AM: Okay, green sweater instead. Perfect.

8:13 AM: Oh god, what happened to this sweater? No doohickey in the world can save this sweater. Brown sweater back on.

8:14 AM: Make coffee. Construct lies why your brown sweater is so wrinkled in case anyone at work asks. Pray that the heat of your body will somehow work as a natural iron and smooth the wrinkles.

8:15 AM: Okay, hair. How about a fun messy bun? Stylish yet casual! Elegant yet laid-back!

8:19 AM: "Fun messy bun" looks more like "I had fun at the bar last night until I got too messy."

8:20 AM: Cowlick will not submit to hair iron, hairspray, bobby pins, mousse, or outright begging. Decide that if I wet it down it will dry flat. Cowlick, BEGONE!*

8:21 AM: Okay, all that's left is socks and shoes. Easy peasy.

8:22 AM: Should I wear snowman socks today or argyle? I feel more like argyle, but I can't find the matching purple argyle sock. Should I mismatch? Or go for snowmen?

8:22 AM: OH FOR SHIT'S SAKE PICK A PAIR OF SOCKS B.

8:23 AM: Dressed! Ready! Gonna do my makeup on the Metro! Out the door! WINNING!

*You should all know that when I arrived at my office at 9:10, my boss wasn't there yet, but my cowlick was standing vertically from my head a la Alfie.



3 comments:

AshleyB said...

Welcome to everyday of my life.

Walrus25 said...

Up and out in 23 minutes. I'd kill to get out that fast. Nice work.

MHM1314 said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaah

mine was similar. JM was up at 4:50 to get to the airport. and I was, as well. went back to sleep by 5:30/6 but then at 7? i was like EFF. YOU. ALARMS. 7:45 I was up. my hair is... interesting today.