Now, onto the food!
Since I didn't do too much cooking this week, I thought it might be fun to talk about my Superbowl snacks and see if any of you have ideas for what to do with the leftovers. I'm pretty stumped!
Carnitas: As I mentioned last week, my Superbowl entree was carnitas, courtesy of Smitten Kitchen. Now, I'm not sure what exactly happened - I worry that I bought the wrong kind of meat? - but mine came out less carnitas-y and more pulled-pork-y.
| Looks like tuna. Tastes like Carnitas. |
Tortillas: Due to some guest-related RSVP issues, we wound up with a few more tortillas we needed. Like.......3 packages more than we needed. Quesadillas are the obvious choice here (as I've professed my love for their cheesy goodness on more than one occasion), but if someone has another idea I'd love to hear it! I think quesadillas will only get us through one package.
Slaw: This one is the real stumper. I made Pioneer Woman's Cilantro-Jalapeno slaw to go alongside the pork, and I'm pretty sure that was its only purpose in life. Is there any way to re-purpose slaw?
For those of you in DC, don't forget that it's Restaurant Week! I've got reservations at Rasika and I just. can't. wait.
I'll let you all know how the great leftover experiment ends next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment