Friday, February 1, 2013

Hitting the Slopes....or the Lodge, as it were.


For the past couple of years, SK and I have gone out of town over New Year's to go skiing with some friends.

The first time we did this, I was pretty confident about my skiing abilities. When I was younger, my family  used to go skiing several times a year in upstate New York. Although I hadn't been on a pair of skis since age 11, I was sure that the sport would come back to me. Just like riding a bike.

I was so confident, in fact, that I didn't bring snow pants. And when my friend Lauren asked me what would happen when I fell, I told her, "I just won't fall."

Yep.

I fell.

I fell a lot.

(Thankfully Lauren predicted this scenario and loaned me her bibbies.)

At one point, snow patrol came over to check on my progress, because I was laying in a patch of dirt (it had barely snowed that year), bellowing at SK to help me up and for God's sake STOP LAUGHING, since he was laughing so hard he couldn't breathe.

(Side note: The "French Fries! Pizza slice!" method of skiing is really only useful for child skiers.)

This is a long-winded way of telling you that I don't have a ski outfit picked out for today's Friday's Fancies. I do have a fetching hot cocoa and knitting in the lodge option all set to go, though!


Hitting the Slopes....or the Lodge, as it were.

From top left:

a) A bright coat -- if I do venture out, I don't want to get lost in a drift.

b) pearls (standard);

c) iPhone touch gloves -- a birthday gift from SK last year, and one of the most useful items I have ever received.

d) Cozy plaid flannel shirt and leggings.

e) a charming chapeau.

f) boots -- I don't care about the cute factor of my boots. As someone who went to college in upstate New York and then lived in New Hampshire, I quickly learned that functionality outweighs fashion -- and I HATE wet feet.

g) As long as I'm cozy in the lodge, I may as well have a manicure party!

Happy Friday, everyone - and don't forget to sign up for the giveaway!


2 comments:

Mellissa "Shia" Rondinelli said...

Loving the flannel - cozy & chic!

Happy Friday & have a great weekend!
Shia
World According to Shia

GraceByC said...

Hi! Really like that nail polish color. and the boots. awesome shades of grey (ha!). happy friday!

gracebyc.blogspot.com