Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Party Tips by Little B

So, our Chrismukkah party was a great success. You haven't heard anything about it yet because my old bones needed an extra day to recover. Let's just say that I broke my three drink rule on more than once occasion this weekend. Little B, you're not what you used to be.

(Of course, if "what you used to be" was a person who willingly used Sutter Home Rose in your games of beer pong, that might not be such a bad thing.)

Anyway, without further ado: How to Hold a Successful Chrismukkah Party.

1. If you are feeding a crowd, don't kill yourself. Buy the boxed mix. I swear, it'll be okay.


        

2. Provide a festive "tablescape," in the words of Sandra Lee. If you're like me, the thought of Sandra Lee makes you gag and you just call it decorating. Dreidels = gambling and chocolate, always a fun time!


3. Welcome any and all thematic treats your guests may bring. These were our friend Matt's creation - cream cheese, sour cream, lox, onion and capers on rye bread, or Jewish breakfast spread. Delicious!

4. Provide fried food.

5. Let folks go nuts with the tree decorations.


6. Gaudy ornaments can be fun. Just go with it. (This is SK's newest and most favorite ornament. I'm not exaggerating when I say its the size of my face.)
7. Make sure to include Hannukah so it doesn't feel left out.Also make sure that your Costco box of oatmeal is in the background so the Quaker Oats guy doesn't feel left out either.

8. Make sure your neighbors don't forget about Hannukah either!


9. Unless these are your neighbors, who seriously know how to do Christmas lights right.


Happy Chrismukkah, every one of us!

3 comments:

Walrus25 said...

My neighbor has a light set up almost exactly like that!

Stephanie said...

Haha I love it. Boxed mix is the best way to do everything...

Betsy Transatlantically said...

all of these things are amazing.

my Costo box of oatmeal is running low on Apple Cinnamon - that's my favorite. I'll swap you another flavor for more?