Tonight's the night - the Chrismukkah party!
When SK and I started dating, we started a tradition of eating latkes the same night as we decorated his tree (I like to say it's to appease my grandmother,who is rolling over in her grave at the idea of me decorating a Christmas tree.)
Last year, we invited a couple of Jewish friends of ours to celebrate with us, and they were so delighted with the idea of trimming a tree that we invited them back this year. Soon word had spread to some more of my fellow MOTs (that's Members of the Tribe) and they wanted to partake in all the forbidden Christmas pleasures as well. And thus, the Chrismukkah party was born!
I'll be back with a full recap on Monday, but for now here's the menu, Fridy Five-Style!
 |
| 1. Mulled Cider with rum. A holiday party necessity! |
 |
| 2. Mulled wine. Too much mulling? No such thing, I say. |
 |
| 3. Latkes. Of course. Normally I like to make them from scratch, but to feed a crowd tonight I'm going to cheat and use boxed mix. Sorry, Mom. *source* |
|
|
 |
| 4. Candy Cane Joe-Joes from Trader Joes. The pinnacle of all holiday treats! |
|
 |
| 5. The Tree. Okay, it's not a menu item, but it's an integral part of the festivities! (This is last year's tree. We've decided to name this year's tree Piney the Elder. #HistoryNerdPuns) |
|
|
Merry Chrismukkah, Everyone!
4 comments:
PINEY THE ELDER BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA #fellownerd
HAHAHA to "forbidden Christmas pleasures" and #5.
but what is boxed latke mix? No judgement, but I do not understand. (I had to get my mom to help me with next week's latke post...)
All that mulling looks delish!! And I love that you named your tree, too funny!! Stopping by from the link up, happy Friday!
This sounds like so much fun! And around the holidays there is no such thing as too much mulling. Or, well, ever really!
Post a Comment