Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Writing on the Wall

I'm pretty picky about my art and what I like to hang on my walls - overall I like it to have some sort of meaning to me and be something that makes me happy whenever I look at it. So I thought it might be sort of fun to show you all what I have on display in my house!

(Side note: I live in a studio, so please take terms like "living room", "bedroom", and "entryway" with a grain of salt and pretend like I don't live in my kitchen.)

First up, we have a pinterest-inspired creation that I made myself hanging in my living room. It's supposed to be modeled after the Kate Spade confetti pattern, but I made it with blues and gold/silver glitter paper. 


*Oops. You can see where I had to take my DEMONIC SMOKE DETECTOR down. It beeped when I boiled water. Ignore please.*
This is a picture of my great-grandparents that I keep framed by my bed. We think that it may have been their engagement picture, but we're not sure. I just love the flapper outfit - obviously my great-grandmother was quite the fasionista!


Here is a little collage of things that I like:
From Clockwise: A print of New York Steve gave me on my birthday last year; a postcard from my study abroad in the Netherlands (translates to "Bike missing?"); A picture of the Negev desert from my trip to Israel; a photo of my grandmother on her wedding day (they eloped!); a print of Gustav Klimt's "The Kiss"; a postcard from my trip to San Francisco last year. 





 My mom made this for me...it's actually a picture that she took in Italy and stretched out over canvas to make it look like a painting. It's in my kitchen.


A few years ago my mom found these plates on sale at Home Goods and thought that I would like them. I did but I had absolutely no idea what to do with them until I cam up with the idea to hang them on the wall! They hang over my bed now.


And finally, this is hanging in my entryway. It's a print that I picked up in Tzafat, Israel and it translates to a benediction that my rabbi always closes our services with. So it's doubly sentimental to me!


So there you go -- my "gallery tour."  What's on your walls?

xoxo,

b



No comments: