Monday, September 10, 2012

Menu Monday and MADONNA

 Last week, my older sister called me to let me know that she'd won tickets to see Madonna at Yankee Stadium in a company raffle and did I have any interest in joining her?

Um. Did I have any interest?

Yes, yes I did.

Or rather, OMG OMG OMG MADONNA YESSSS!!!!!

I took the bus up on Friday night and spent the weekend at her apartment. After taking BHB's advice and taking a SoulCycle class on Saturday morning and meeting Michelle at the adorable Sarabeth's for brunch, we were on our way to the Bronx to realize a dream 27 years in the making.*

Yes, it was raining. Yes, we wore garbage bags for the majority of the concert. Yes, we only had one umbrella. Was it worth it?**

I'll let you decide for yourself. The evidence:

The hearts are for anonymity, and to show our love for Madonna. Look at our seats!

*Vogue*

Cone bra, as seen from the jumbo-tron

Madonna wants us to think that she can play guitar. (side note: She can't. But she looks awesome faking it!)

I like this just because you can see how hard it was raining.
 

The set list included:
  1. Opening Prayer /Girl Gone Wild
  2. Revolver
  3. Gang Bang
  4. Papa Don’t Preach
  5. Hung Up
  6. I Don’t Give A
  7. Best Friend / Heartbeat (Interlude)
  8. Express Yourself / Born This Way
  9. Turn Up The Radio
  10. Give Me All Your Luvin’
  11. Open Your Heart
  12. Masterpiece
  13. Justify My Love (Interlude)
  14. Vogue
  15. Candy Shop
  16. Human Nature / Erotica
  17. Like A Virgin
  18. Nobody Knows Me (Interlude)
  19. I’m Addicted
  20. I’m A Sinner
  21. Like A Prayer
  22. Celebration

She also played "Holiday" as a special treat for the NY audience - a fan favorite!

Once she started playing the rain didn't even matter. It was just amazing to be there, hearing all her classics, dancing with everybody in the stadium. I'm so happy I got to go!

On to a Menu Monday Update:

Last week, I challenged myself to cook a healthy meal for myself every night and not buy lunch or dinner all week. While I had some hits and some misses, overall I was pretty happy with myself for achieving those goals.

Last week:

Monday: Skinnytaste Turkey Stuffed Peppers: These are always a hit. Plus I made a double recipe and have a tray in my freezer for emergencies now.

Tuesday: Cheese Tortellini with Spinach, Peas and Brown Butter: Know what would be helpful on this one? Remembering to buy spinach.  I made do with just peas and it was a tasty (and extremely fast!) dinner.

Wednesday: Ginger Fried Rice: I've had this recipe bookmarked for years now, and I wanted it to be amazing so badly. So I was disappointed when it came out just.....meh. It's decent. I love SK and I don't doubt that her's turned out beautifully, I'm just not sure where I went wrong on this one. Plus it made a TON of rice and I have leftovers for another full dinner tonight.


*Fried Rice in progress*
Thursday: Roasted Chicken Thighs with Zucchini and CousCous: This one was another that was just okay, but fast. I mixed a cut up chicken breast with a box of Near East cous cous, a tomato, and a sauteed zucchini. I also threw in a can of chickpeas and it was pretty tasty! Next time I would add feta.

For this week I've planned:

*Sunday: Pizza with Prosciutto, Blue Cheese, and Fig Jam* (Since it's Monday, I can already report that this was delicious.)
*Monday: Stir-Fry with leftover Fried Rice*
*Tuesday: I have class so I'll probably buy dinner, but if I don't I've got Portobello quesadillas planned*
*Wednesday: Pumpkin-Peanut Curry Noodles
*Thursday: Class again, so I'll probably do leftovers or pick something up at Trader Joe's across the street*
*Friday: Back to New York! We've got a late bus so I'm not sure what I'll whip up before we head out.*

Happy Monday everyone!

xoxo,

b


* I like to think that I was Madonna's youngest fan, since I was fanatical about her music that they would play in my toddler dance classes. I even had a t-shirt (with shoulder pads!) with her face on it when I was in kindergarten. And please believe if I could find that t-shirt today I would wear it in a heartbeat.

** In case you hadn't decided for yourself, the answer is "OMG OMG OMG MADONNA YESSSS!!!!!"




1 comment:

Unknown said...

My cousin was at that Madonna concert and she had a blast...I'm glad you had fun too!