I don't consider myself to be a gourmet by any means. I like to cook, and I love to eat. But while I've gotten a pretty decent system in place cooking for two (that usually grants me leftovers for lunch the next day), I still haven't gotten the hang of cooking for just myself.
Last time Steve went away, I talked a big game. I was going to cook every night for myself. I would make meals that he wouldn't touch, vegetarian meals, "lady food", you get the idea. I was pretty smug.
Do you know what I ate every. single. night. that Steve was gone?
QUESADILLAS.
(Albeit extremely delicious cheesy ones.)
| This was the night I put extra effort in and actually cut up the avocado. |
Granted, I love quesadillas. And technically the meal was vegetarian, so Steve would have protested. But the points that I gained in taste I certainly lost in plating, technical difficulty, and originality.
Some nights when I'm alone I get a little classier (read: even lazier.)
| Peach, brie, wine, bread. Turns out woman can live on wine and cheese alone. |
* Monday: Skinnytaste Turkey Stuffed Peppers*
*Wednesday: Ginger Fried Rice*
Friday I'm taking the bus to NY so dinner will probably be a sandwich or salad picked up at Union Station.
Next week I'll let you know how I did!
xoxo,
b
3 comments:
Ooooh bus to NY???
I too am on Girl Diet this week with JM out of town. I am also detoxing from a highly indulgent weekend in Richmond so I will be mainlining veggies pretty much.
Good call with the Skinny Taste recipe...those are some of my favorite!
OMG. Girl, you know I do the same thing when Paul is out of town! I live on cheese, cheese, roasted veggies and a little cheese.
Post a Comment