I know, I know. Disappear for a month and then suddenly show up on your doorstep with nothing but an apology? Not even flowers. I can practically hear you saying, "Girl, please."
In reality, a number of things happened in what felt like rapid-fire succession that gave me blogger-block, starting with:
a) Sandy Hook. Beyond the cliche of "I have no words," I literally could not come up with words to put on the page to describe my feelings about what happened. But I also felt like I couldn't not write about it, so I decided my best option would be to simply not say anything.
b) Christmas Craze. SK and I nearly stayed in DC this year for the holidays, due to a crazy work schedule on both our parts. Thankfully at the 11th hour we got the all-clear to head to Cleveland so we could spend a couple days with his folks, but we really didn't know what our plans would be until the very last minute.
c) Work went crazy. See aforementioned schedule.
So because of all this,
d) I spent New Year's in my sweatpants on my couch. It was glorious.
e) The most exciting thing that's been going on is that the milk in my fridge hasn't gone bad yet.*
So through a combination of things I can't talk about, things I can't figure out how to put into words, and things that I'm afraid that you're going to find boring, I hit a little bit of a dry spell this month. However, I resolve to do better in January because I miss you guys! Plus I have a few fun things coming up, namely:
a) Inauguration: I wasn't here last go-round, so I'm excited to see it in action.
b) All my favorite TV shows coming back from hiatus: Thank. GOD.
c) My birthday at the end of the month: Though I'll prob keep this low-key, since I'm clinging to my mid-twenties by my fingertips and pulled out three gray hairs this morning. I don't deal well with the passage of time.
But anyhoosiers. Back to blogging!
* Although I'm pretty sure this milk has magical properties. It's been weeks and still fresh as a daisy. JUDGE AWAY.

2 comments:
I'm glad you're back!
I am pumped for the inauguration! I was here for the last one and did the whole ball thing so this year I've decided to go to as many strange/random events as possible...like Moby's Blisspop Party at U Street Music Hall. haha
I'm also ridiculously excited about TV shows coming back. Nashville tonight and Scandal tomorrow!
I attended the inauguration and an inaugural ball in 2004 and it's one of my best memories of college.
Also DO NOT PULL OUT THE GREYS they will just be more noticeable when they grow back and are one inch long versus the rest of your long dark hair. I obviously learned this the hard way and picking is fun but LEAVE THEM BE.
^^ wisdom from your elders.
Post a Comment