Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Little b-day


So, looking at the calendar today I realized we are only one week out from my 28th birthday.

You haven't heard me talk much about my birthday, right? That's because I usually react to my birthday like this:


In all honesty, I've never been a big birthday person. Having a birthday that follows the holiday season always inspires the post-birthday "NOTHING GOOD WILL EVER HAPPEN AGAIN" feeling, since its easy to think that the next 'big' event is Memorial Day  (or summer break, if you're my younger self.)

In addition, I always feel a little weird planning a party to celebrate ME ME ME.Every year I stress about what is going to make my guests happy and what how to make the celebration convenient for everyone. And, as my mom likes to say, I didn't even do any of the work to get me here! (In the Little B house, we get my mom flowers on our birthdays - like I said, she was the one that did all the work!) 

This year I think we're going to take it easy - a trip to NY to see the family, my mom's traditional chocolate cake, and perhaps a trip to the outlets! Plus a tasty dinner date with SK next week, of course.

How do you like to celebrate your birthday?



1 comment:

Natalie said...

Usually I just go out to dinner. This year is different as j and I are going to a fundraiser for a local food bank!