Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summer Travels: Chicago Edition

I'm kicking off my summer travels on Friday with a jaunt to Chicago for my cousin's wedding! Since I haven't spent much time in Chicago (one St. Patrick's Day in college and one baseball game at Wrigley in 2007), there's a few things that I'd like to check off my Chicago bucket list while I'm there:
1. The Bean.

Yes, I know it's touristy, but I've never seen it. It seems like a fun activity to do with the fam too.

2. Deep-Dish Pizza


I'm not sure that I can really count this on my bucket list since I've had it before, but it's worth a #2 spot on this list. The rehearsal dinner is at a well-known pizza restaurant so I'm pretty sure I can get this box checked off.

3. Boat Tour


I normally hate boats, but a river tour has been recommended to me as one of the best things to do in Chicago. It seems like a great way to see the city and learn about the history, plus I took a boat tour in 2006 (in Holland) that was one of the more fun legs of the trip.

4. Sears Tower Ledge
Visitors walk out on the Ledge, a new glass cube that juts out from the 103rd floor Skydeck of the Sears Tower, during a media preview July 1, 2009 in Chicago, Illinois. The 1,353 foot high observatory will open to the public tomorrow.
Another tourist destination I'm sure, but doesn't this look scary and fun and scary?! Emphasis on scary.

What else should I do while I'm out there? Any restaurants that I must try? Places I must see? Let me know!

xoxo,

b

No comments: