Monday, May 6, 2013

Long Overdue - the BHB Link-up!!

1. The Basics
Who are you: I'm b!
Where do you blog: http://littlebindc.blogspot.com
How did you pick your blog’s name: It's pretty self-explanatory -- I'm not lying to you guys, I'm a shortie in the District.

2. Location, location, location
Where did you grow up: Long Island, son. (Extra points for getting the Schmidt reference)
Where do you live now: Washington, DC
Where would you live anywhere in the world: New York if money weren't an issue, San Francisco if proximity to the East Coast weren't an issue...and maybe a small apartment in Amsterdam for vacation times.

3. Let’s talk beauty - what is your favorite or signature:
Lipstick:I don't wear it! Usually its Chapstick or Sugar Lip Treatment
Mascara: Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion - nothing fancy
Perfume: Nothing! I generally prefer just to smell like me, not a perfume.

4. Yummies - what is your favorite:
Cocktail: Probably a Moscow Mule - Whoever came up with the idea of combining ginger AND citrus AND vodka is wise, and also shares my weird tastes.
Dessert: Creme Brulee
Pizza Topping(s): Cheese outside of NYC-area, fresh tomatoes/mozz/bruschetta if I'm at home and can get it

5. I always have these three things in my refrigerator:
Un: Some type of cheese - whether American or high-end brie, it's there
Deux: Butter - I stockpile it in my freezer
Trois: Beer - I always seem to wind up with some random bottles in the back of my fridge whether I want to or not

6. Get artsy - what is your favorite:
Movie: Apollo 13
Book: Nine Stories
TV Show: This year it's Nashville or The Americans, but it's ever-evolving

7. Kid stuffs - three questions about your youth:
What did you want to Be when you grew up?: For a while it was Ballerina-Astronaut-Lawyer-First Female President
Who was your favorite teacher and why? Prof Turner in college, because he opened my eyes to the effect of local government can have on an individual
What was your worst sickness/surgery/hospital visit as a kid? None really!

8. The Pretty Things - what is your:
Favorite color: Red
Favorite flower: Narcissum (Paperwhites)
Favorite artist (painter, photographer, etc.): Picasso

9. Shop ‘Til You Drop
What’s one thing you buy the most often: There's no one thing but CVS is where most of my money seems to go
Do you prefer to shop online or in-store?: Depends what I'm looking for - books and electronics I'll always get online, but I'm too picky to not have some idea of what my clothes will look like not to see them in person.
Imagine you open your own store - what would you sell? I have a wacky daydream where I quit my job and open a politically-themed bagel store in DC. I've yet to come up with an appropriately punny name for it so until I overcome that hurdle (plus learning about running a business) it will just have to remain a dream.

Social Security Lox Box?
Bi-partisan-alys?
Bagel Pro Tem?

Needs work.

10. Be a Hater: what are three things you would like to go away?
Ein: Hangovers
Zwei: Credit Card Debt - OH WAIT I PAID IT OFF WHAT WHAT
Drei: People who pee on the toilet seat and don't clean it up WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

11. The Final Three (x Three)
I hand you a genie - what are your three wishes? Unlimited money, to grow 3 more inches, the ability to learn any language instantly
List 3 things you can see out of your window right now: Brick wall, my neighbor's kitchen window, brick wall.
Who are three people, living or dead, you would invite over for dinner?Hillary Clinton, Alice Paul, my grandmother - LADIES NIGHT!


1 comment:

MHM1314 said...

omg YES TO PEE NON-CLEANER-UPPERS THEY SUCK AT THE WORLD

I loved Apollo 13 -- I saw it w/my parents in the theater and we came out and there were fireworks (4th of July time of year), so ridiculously emotional and patriotic :)