So remember last post when I apologized for my prolonged absence and vowed to myself to do better? Whoops.
I really am going to try to do better, though. For a number of reasons, namely:
a) I got my wisdom teeth out today, and there's only so many NCIS episodes a girl can watch with ice packs strapped to her face, yunno? I'm going to have some down time this weekend to kick my butt into blogging gear.
b) Momma b and Poppa b called me the other day to discuss birthday gifts (because yes, the little b just turned 26) and I think I might ask for help purchasing a new computer. My Dell (circa 2007) is still chugging along, despite its aforementioned fall down a flight of concrete stops, but it can be very slow and freezes often. It's not terribly conducive to blogging, and it can't handle Photoshop (not to mention the fall damaged its memory card drive, so it's difficult to upload pictures anyway.) I'd never be able to save enough money on my ownfor a new computer (I think I might get an Apple and make the switch once and for all) so I might ask for a contribution to the 'little-b-needs-a-new-computer fund.' Nothing crazy, of course - just whatever they would spend on a regular gift.
c) speaking of saving, I'm going to try to save up for a new camera. I've never had an SLR before, but I find that my Powershot just can't do what I want it to do most of the time. Sometimes I see the most gorgeous things when I'm out in DC -- at the farmer's market, in the parks, not to mention the fact that I live in one of the most architechturally beautiful cities in the US (though of course I'm biased) -- and I can't translate that beauty to the photos. Stay tuned for my first forays into photography and photoshop.
d) I'm going to try to do more post-work activities and explore the city more. I work very long hours and can't write about it here (more on that later) so sometimes I get frustrated blogging - do you guys really want to hear about the 3 hours I have to myself each night where I come home, throw my clothes on the floor, cook dinner, watch tv, and go to bed? Because that's my Monday-Friday right there. But it's not terribly fulfilling to live that way, and I've vowed to try to do more with my free time, even if there isn't a ton of it. To start, I'm going to try photography (see above), plus Steve has been slowly teaching me to play the guitar. I also haven't posted enough about my cooking, so prepare to hear more about that.
e) Another skill that I want to develop is web design and HTML/CSS. I know a tiny bit about it, but I would love to get better at it -- for both personal and professional reasons. So if you see constant changes on the site --some ugly, some (hopefully) not, just know that it's a work in progress and I'm learning.
Although that's a pretty big list to stick to, I can hopefully achieve some of it. Let's find out! (and if not, I fear a NaBloPoMo is in my future to really get me going...)
xoxo,
little b
No comments:
Post a Comment