Monday, December 20, 2010

Back in Action

Hello friends! After an extended absence, I have returned.

I didn't mean for it to turn into an extended absence. At most, I expected it to last a month (I had to go to New York for work for almost all of October.) And then, my computer had an unfortunate run-in with a flight of stairs and I lost the ability to upload photos (though thankfully, not the computer itself.) And then work got busy and it was Thanksgiving and then I felt like I had nothing interesting to share with you all, especially without pictures, and now it's almost Christmas.

Which brings us to today. After reading this article about how more and more kids are writing to Santa for basic needs instead of toys this year, I decided to participate in Toys for Tots.

(Truthfully, I first called the New York City Post Office to see if I could participate in Operation Letter to Santa. I certainly meet the height requirements for elves. But alas, it was not in the cards this year.)

So I toted in a bag of toys to work this morning, feeling pretty jolly. I also had some champagne for Miri, who is celebrating her recent engagement. And then on the Metro, my friend Tess texted me to let me know that she had gotten the job that I had recommended her for. I was overwhelmed with holiday spirit and cheer and wearing my new red coat and then as I was crossing C Street it hit me:

Today, I am Jewish Santa.

Happy holidays from the little b!

No comments: