Thursday, August 4, 2011

Obsession

Have you all read The Hunger Games?



I read it yesterday...yes, I read the entire book in one day. (It's meant for 'tweens', so it's not like I was reading a manifesto -- also, I could NOT put it down.) I was up until nearly 2 am, something that is almost unheard of for me.

Believe me when I say, it was worth it.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the series, it revolves around 16 year old Katniss Everdeen. Katniss lives in a dystopian future society where the government forces 24 of the nation's children to battle to the death -- in the Hunger Games. Science fiction is not really my favorite, so I understand if you think that you may not like it based on the description. Read it anyway -- you won't be disappointed!

Now I just have to get my hands on books 2 and 3.....luckily I have a very special present for myself arriving next week....



By trading in my credit card points, this little baby will soon be all mine for the low, low price of $15. Perfect for my trip to sunny California! (More on that later...)

Only one more day until the weekend -- Hang in there ladies!

xoxo
b


No comments: