Tuesday, July 27, 2010

25 to Go

Friends, a disturbing piece of information has come to my attention: I have only been to 25 of these 50 great United States.

Now, this is revisionist history, to an extent. When I was ten years old, Momma B and Poppa B took the Little B family on a great cross-country minivan caravan. We probably traveled through 20 states that time, all with a Chrysler wood-paneled minivan and a CB radio. But I still had baby teeth at that point (plus we had a wood-paneled minivan and no cell phones), so I decided not to count that trip in my travels. Too pre-millenial.

I also did some good driving in 2008 on my way to and from Waco, TX. But I decided not to count any state that I didn't stop the car in. So Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia were out. (Rest stops don't count.)

However, this is an unsettling realization for someone who loves travel as much as Little B does. And especially unsettling for someone who wants to see all corners of the U.S. My top must-sees are (in the lower 48) Washington, Colorado and New Mexico; however, I've vowed to make it to all 50 someday.

So what's left on the list?

Rhode Island
South Carolina
Georgia
Alabama
Mississippi
Ohio
Indiana
Michigan
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Iowa
North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
Colorado
Wyoming
Idaho
New Mexico
Arizona
Washington
Utah
Alaska
Hawaii

What about you, dear reader? Where do YOU want to go in the U.S. of A? And where should I go first?

P.S. Hi Alex!

No comments: